Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Try something new

I'm going to be trying a few different things this week. Let's spice it up! I am going to be working out twice a day. I want to get a lot of miles in, but I don't want to risk injury or fatigue. It works out better for me if I don't spend a 2-hour + block at the gym and just split it up. I understand that it is no feasible for most. However, not having to work allows for creative time strategies. Also, with splitting up the time, I am going to try something else-weightlifting. Not the -muscle men from Saturday Night Live "I want to pump you up" kind of lifting, just the need to tone some muscles and get my Body Fat % down kind of lifting. I found some ideas on a Facebook thing that I subscribe to called Active.com. They blogged about some abdominal excercises from Mens Health Magazine as well as some butt exercises with visual tutorials.
Add in some 2-a-day running and some actually muscle building activities and hopefully we'll be seeing physical differences soon. It is suppose to improve my running too! Well I have to get out there if I'm going to meet the goal for the week- 40 miles. It is coming along nicely so far. I just need to keep it up- so many miles to go before I sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment